|P/T Professional Development Specialist (5)|
The Orange-Ulster BOCES Division of Instructional Support Services is seeking (5) part-time instructional specialists to join our dynamic and innovative staff development team to design and deliver professional learning experiences focused on school leadership issues and challenges, engage in leadership coaching, and develop and implement curriculum, management, and assessment projects for leaders and teachers in our region.
|Coordinator of Library Services|
OU BOCES a leader in pre-K to 12 regional educational services seeks a visionary administrator to serve as Library Services Coordinator. In this role the coordinator will serve 60,000 students across 18 school districts to provide:
- cutting-edge regional library services,
- library automation coordination and support,
- professional development to teachers, librarians, and administrators,
- develop innovative instructional programs using library resources,
- support to library enrichment programs such as ELL student programs, regional student events (spelling bees, read aloud programs, career awareness, etc.), family engagement,
- supervision of library staff,
- sound fiscal management of library budgets,
- development and maintenance of a significant educator professional reference library,
- development and maintenance student resources library (books, databases, and instructional materials/kits) in support of NYS curriculum
- web-based services and e-resources,
- oversight and performance of a range of complex problem-solving and specialized daily tasks within the library system, as well as with vendors, districts, and other entities outside the library requiring a high level of professional expertise and customer service skills.
- directs the development of unit operating policies and procedures, systems to maintain unit records, and collection usage statistics,
- skill with writing and managing grants,
- assure technology is used to access and interpret texts and materials, and
- leadership for Library Services and the Division of Instructional Support.
Candidates should have NYS Library Media Specialist certification, NYS School District Leader/ School District Administrator (may be in progress or take administration courses once hired), and 3-5 years experience as a teacher and/or librarian preferred. Leadership experience preferred. Candidates should be hard working, self-directed leaders, creative, service-oriented, technology savvy, multi-taskers with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well as a member of a professional team.